Saturday 12 February 2011

I 'heart' Weightwatchers...

I LOVE weightwatchers. I'm a bit of a control freak at heart (this will not be a surprise to those who know me) and this diet feeds into my obsessive tendancies. I measure and write down everything I eat. I constantly analyse my choices - should I swap a salad for a sandwich? Can I 'afford' a chocolate bar? I have stuck to this religiously for 5 days, and on the sixth day I took a teensy-weensy break, and bam, no weight loss. Probably, because according to most religions, you're not supposed to rest until the seventh day. I'll try to remember that for next time.

Despite this, I still feel better. I feel healthier, my tummy feels a bit flatter, and I feel like I've remembered how to make good choices, and so I still maintain that I love weightwatchers.

I was going to try a second week of 'new' weightwatchers (diet 11'b'), but I haven't had time to go to a meeting (I guess this is one of the downsides of weightwatchers - time), but I'm actually excited about coming back to it another week. Sad, I know, but that's the way I roll.

Separately, I've continued to get some really nice feedback on my blog. According to the stats page, I have a reader in Iran - 'Ahalan' (that's 'hello' in Iranian, not the name of the person in Iran who's reading my blog, for those of you who aren't fluent in Arabic). Another friend, who has a very good job with a very good TV production company, texts me to ask if she might tentatively mention my blog in a production meeting. To describe this as an embryonic development in the life of my blog would be to overstate the case, yet in my head, I'm choosing the dress for my Oscar award speech, and worrying about how fat I'm going to look in front of the cameras. Which means that I'm now panicing about what diet I'm going to do next, in readiness.

After a small delay, thanks to the vagaries of email, the lovely people at Diet Chef have finally arranged to send me enough food to try their diet for a week (you might have seen this advertised on tv - they send you all your meals and snacks, a similar principle to slim.fast, but with real food). As it hasn't arrived yet, I'm going to do something else first, and then start that from next Sunday. So, for the next few days, I'm going to try a detox diet. This ticks a few boxes on my list - a vegan diet, the elimination diet, raw foodism (to an extent) and the caveman diet. It's also gluten-free, probably macrobiotic, and certainly very low calorie.

So diet #12 is a detox diet - nothing processed, raw where possible, no alcohol, no coffee (hmm, maybe a little bit of coffee), and lots of healthy fruit and veg. Start weight is STILL an annoying 10st 2lb.

ps, just in case you're wondering, Claire Goose would play me. I hear people are constantly telling her how much we look alike...

Me

Claire Goose

2 comments:

  1. Like your blog! I'm on the Cambridge Weight Plan its the original Cambridge diet do you know it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you like it! Trying for Cambridge in the next few weeks, watch this space...

    ReplyDelete